Advertising Console

    Poisonous Gas Leaks in Northern India, One Dead

    Repost
    NTDTelevision

    by NTDTelevision

    851
    90 views
    For more news and videos visit ☛ http://english.ntdtv.com
    Follow us on Twitter ☛ http://twitter.com/NTDTelevision
    Add us on Facebook ☛ http://facebook.com/NTDTelevision

    One man is dead in northern India after poisonous gas leaks from the plastic factory he was working in. Now, the owner of the factory is facing possible prosecution for what may be an illegal operation.

    A worker in a factory was killed in the industrial city of Kanpur of India's northern state of Uttar Pradesh, after poisonous gas leaked in the unit on Monday.

    The incident took place in the early hours of Monday at a plastic-making unit housed in the basement of a building, where one worker died and two others were admitted to a local hospital unconscious.

    Fire department officials found drums full of various chemicals used to make plastic bags and other such items.

    [K. V. Gupta, Fire Department Official]:
    "So far it is known that work was going on, the night three men were injured. Two men were reportedly unconscious while one man's death has been confirmed."

    Gupta says that the setting up of the factory in the building's basement may be illegal, and the owner could face legal persecution if he is found to have violated regulations.

    The owner, Ajay Gupta, said he employed the men in his factory to work on plastic-making at night, and had got the news of the accident early in the morning.

    [Ajay Gupta, Factory Owner]:
    "I have received news that they were unconscious. So far I am not sure about any death. But they are telling me that a boy died."

    Police officials are carrying out investigations and are waiting for the post-mortem report of the deceased before taking any further action.