| At a recent discussion forum on social media, Waking Up to Social Media: The Hotel Industry Response, organised by HVS Executive Search and ESSEC Business School Paris, panellists were unanimous in their opinion that the hotel industry is still too conservative to effectively tap the potential of social media channels.
The event held on February 7, 2011 at Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris was moderated by Chris Mumford, Managing Director of HVS Executive Search London. The audience comprised students and hoteliers, every single one of whom declared they are active on Facebook, Twitter and/or LinkedIn.
The panel included :
- Geoffray Maugin, VP Marketing of Accor's Luxury Brands
- Chris Mumford, Managing Director of HVS Executive Search London (moderator)
- RJ Friedlander, Chief Executive Officer of ReviewPro
- Jacques Dubois, Chief Operating Officer of Rezidor Hotel Group
- Iain Ainsworth, Founder & Managing Director of White Line Hotels
- Peter O'Connor, Professor at ESSEC Business School Paris