7 years ago259 views
http://bestflights.co.za/internationalflights/menorca - Visit for more information on Menorca, Spain
Menorca (also Minorca) is the second largest island of the Balearic Islands, located in the Mediterranean Sea. The island is split into eight administrative divisions. Menorca is a highly desirable place to visit because of its beautiful beaches, variety of holiday resorts and alfresco dining. The island has a population of about 94 383 (end of 2010).
What to see / do
* Monte Toro – The highest point on the island.
* Xoriguer Gin Distillery – Gin Distillery, constructed during the 18th century.
* Museu de Minorca – 15th century Franciscan monastery containing the earliest history of the island.
* La Mola Fortress – A fine example of mid nineteenth century Spanish military architecture.
* Festes de Sant Joan – Equestrian masters trot, gallop and rear up through the streets.
* St Anthony's Day - A colourful celebration of the island's liberation from t