- Visit for more information on Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo is not a single city, but a constellation of cities that have grown together. With a total population exceeding 13 million in the official metropolitan area alone, it is the most populated urban area in the world. Greater Tokyo has a population of 35 million people. The city, being over 400 years old, grew from a modest fishing village of Edo.
What to see / do
* Koishikawa Korakuen – Oldest and most beautiful Japanese landscape garden
* Shibuya – a center for youth fashion and culture
* The Ginza – most famous upmarket shopping, dining and entertainment district, featuring numerous department stores, boutiques, art galleries, restaurants, night clubs and cafes.
* Tokyo Disneyland – A theme park based on the films produced by Walt Disney.
* Tokyo Imperial Palace – A large park area surrounded by moats and massive stone walls and the residence of Japan's Imp