- Are Section 8 Tenants Good For Rental Property or Just Bad Tenants? This Video Reveals The Pros and Cons of Landlording With Section 8...
Section 8 rental housing generally have..
1. Lower turnover and shorter vacancy periods.
2. Rent Security - Rental payments are subsidized, payments are more likely to be dependable and on time
3. Large available pool of potential renters
4. Strict renter responsibilities
* Full inspection
* fear that a Section 8 tenant will not properly maintain the premises
* Rent must be within FMR/FMV
In summary, renting to Section 8 is a great way to your properties rented out, but be aware of the situation you are getting in to. Do your screenings and the necessary due diligence which your PHA’s will assist you with and you should be fine.
Again, this is Frank Chen with REIClub.com. Please take the time to leave your comments for this video below Take care and good investing.