Toxic Gas Leak Near Pune, India Puts Workers in Hospital

NTDTelevision
808
216 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
For more news visit ☛ http://english.ntdtv.com or
Follow us on Twitter ☛ http://twitter.com/NTDTelevision

A toxic gas leak from a water treatment plant in India has left a dozen people hospitalized near Pune City, India. An investigation is underway to find out what caused the leak.

Over a dozen people have been hospitalized after inhaling chlorine gas that leaked from a water treatment plant on Tuesday. The plant is an industrial complex on the outskirts of Pune City in India.

Firefighters say the gas is a toxic substance.

[Kiran Gawadey, Fire Brigade Official]:
"It was chlorine gas, which is a very toxic, corrosive gas and could result in serious harm to humans. However, the situation is under control now."

Fire officials say the cause of the leak is being investigated.

[Kiran Gawadey, Fire Brigade Official]:
"We will come to know about it after investigations. The quantity of leaked gas was almost 2,000 pounds."

Soon after the gas began leaking, people in the vicinity complained of breathing problems and a burning sensation in their eyes.

0 comments