- Visit for more information on Zanzibar, Tanzania
Zanzibar Island is characterised by its beautiful sandy beaches, coral reefs and the magic of the historic Stone Town. This multiracial and multicultural community had a population of around 984 625 in 2002.
What to see
You can enjoy almost anything in Zanzibar, from diving, snorkeling, dhow trips and water sports to a stroll through the streets of Stone Town, discover the spice plantations or just sip a cocktail on the beach.
* Stone Town
* Old Fort
* House of Wonders
* Anglican Cathedral and Slave Market
* Central Market
* Jozani Forest
* Saunti Za Busara Music Festival
* Zanzibar International Film Festival
* Zanzibar Cultural Festival