- Visit for more information on Lagos, Nigeria
Lagos, the largest city in Nigeria, has an estimated population of 8.8 million in the city and 10.7 million in the metropolitan area. It is estimated by the UN according to the current growth rate, that Lagos will be the third largest mega city by 2015 after Tokyo and Bombay.
What to see / do
* Bar Beach, Victoria Island – Seaside attraction and resorts
* Badagry - In the early 1500's, slaves were transported from West Africa to America through Badagry
* Didi Museum – Collection of antiques and contemporary art
* Lekki Conservation Centre
* National Museum - Houses important relics such as the traditional Benin Bronzes and the replica of the Festac '77 symbol.
* National Theater, Iganmu – primary centre for the performing arts in Nigeria
* Eyo Festival – Participants all pay homage to the Oba (King) of Lagos
* Lagos Carnival – Costumed dancer