Rolls Royce Silent on A380 Engine Disasters at Zhuhai Airsho

NTDTelevision
805
429 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
  • Playlists
For more news, please visit http://english.ntdtv.com

Jet engine-maker Rolls Royce canceled a keenly anticipated press conference at the Zhuhai Airshow, Wednesday.

No reason was given, but the company has been largely silent on the safety of its Trent 900 series engines.

Rolls Royce has issued just two official statements since one of the engines caught fire over Indonesia.

In the November 4th incident, parts of the Trent engine fell off, forcing the Qantas A380 to make an emergency landing in Singapore.

Rolls Royce said then it was working with Airbus airlines and authorities on the problem.

Last week, it narrowed down the fault to a specific component, but has said little else otherwise.

Rolls Royce shares have fallen about 9% for the month, amid limited updates and information.

Separately, Airbus says deliveries of the A380 will not be delayed by the engine disruption.

Airbus China President Laurence Barron also confirmed Tuesday, that deliveries to China Southern were on track.

[Laurence Barron, President, Airbus China]:
"We do not anticipate at this stage any delay to the deliveries to China Southern (Airline) starting next summer."

The Chinese airline has ordered five of the super jumbos.

Concerns over delays rose after Rolls Royce asked Airbus to return new Trent engines from production lines, to replace faulty ones in flying A380s.

0 comments