In the Philippines, hundreds of people are homeless in Manila today after a fire ripped through a city slum. Authorities are not ruling out arson as the cause.
A fire tore through this slum neighborhood in Manila on Wednesday.
No one was seriously injured, but hundreds of people have been made homeless.
Some were able to salvage a few belongings, but many lost everything.
One resident said fires were so common that she and other residents had formed a brigade to give each other alerts.
"When I saw the fire, I hurried out of my house and knocked on the door, and told the family ‘There's a fire, there's a fire!’ and they woke up."
Fires often rip through Manila's slum areas, where shanties made of light materials are densely packed together.
It's believed the fire was started by a candle in a shanty house, but investigators are not ruling out arson.
Nearly four million people live in overpopulated slums in the Philippines’ capital.