Do you want to remove all your recent searches?

All recent searches will be deleted

Like
Watch later
Share
Add to

Gas deaths 'could have been prevented'

8 years ago85 views

ODN

ODN


The mother of a teenager killed by carbon monoxide poisoning has said his death could have been prevented.

Aaron Davidson was found dead alongside his friend Neill McFerron in a seaside apartment where the 18-year-olds had been holidaying after finishing their A-levels.

Leaking gas fumes poisoned two school friends in a seaside apartment as they enjoyed a holiday ahead of their exam results.

They had travelled to the beachfront getaway in Castlerock, on the Northern Ireland coast, from their homes in Newtownabbey, on the outskirts of Belfast, to relax and have fun before turning their minds to future plans when their exam grades were published.

Another teenage friend who was unconscious when emergency services broke into the flat in the Tunnel Brae Court complex was revived and is being treated at the Causeway hospital in nearby Coleraine. It is believed all three were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

Aaron's mother Katrina Davidson said: "It could have been prevented, probably. That's not going to bring him back now. Our lives are never going to be the same again."

Report this video

Select an issue

Embed video

Gas deaths 'could have been prevented'
Autoplay
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xeb31i" allowfullscreen allow="autoplay"></iframe>
Add this video to your site using the above embed code