Corpus Christi Spook Central Paranormal Investigation At The Tarpon Inn In Port Aransas, Texas and Evp Evidence From this Investigation.
Corpus Christi Spook Central would like to thank the The Tarpon Inn It was truly an Honor to be the First Paranormal Research Group to conduct a Investigation of the Historical Inn.
200 EAST COTTER - PORT ARANSAS, TEXAS
The first inn was built in 1886 from Civil War barracks materials. It was established by Mrs. Mary Hatfield and her son, Ed Cotter, and was named by them the "Tarpon Inn". A period of time, the town of Port Aransas was known as Tarpon, and guests could only reach this destination by boat. In 1900 the original Tarpon Inn was destroyed by fire, and two new inns were later built. Of the two new inns, the 1919 hurricane destroyed the larger one leaving the smaller one damaged, yet repairable. Today, the lobby walls are covered with tarpon scales with autographs of each guest who caught a tarpon while lodging at the inn. Among these autographs is President Franklin D. Roosevelt who visited the inn in 1937.