3 days ago13 views
Dr.Abdul Qadeer Khan
1. PRESENTATION LAIBA NAISR 14005020_016 FAVOURITE PERSONALITY
2. MY FAVORITE PERSONALITY IS DR.ABDUL QADEER KHAN
3. INTRODUCTION o DR.ABDUL QADEER KHAN: known as A.Q khan o Also known by some in Pakistan as Mohsin-e-Pakistan o Father of islamic bomb o Pakistani nuclear physicist and a metallurgical engineer o he was fluent in English, Urdu, Dutch, German, and also spoke French and Persian.
4. EARLY LIFE Dr.khan was born in 1936 in bhopal, into an Urdu-speaking Pashtun family. His father’s name was Abdul ghafoor. After passing primary he went to higher school in ajmeer. After the partition of India in 1947, his family emigrated from India to Pakistan, and settled in Karachi, Sindh. After attending the College, he enrolled in Karachi University in to study physics. he graduated with degree in physics its concentration was in solid-state physics. He obtained engineer's degree in technology and joined the Catholic University of Leuven(belgium) for his doctoral studies.
5. RESEARCH IN EUROPE Receiving his doctorate engineering , Urenco offered him to join the senior staff of the Physics Dynamics Research Laboratory Dr.Khan left the Physics Laboratory where he performed physics experiments on uranium metallurgy, Urenco gave Dr.Khan access to the blueprints for the Zippe centrifuge to find mathematical solutions for the physics problems in the gas centrifuges.
6. BOMB PROJECT The patriotic Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan contacted Mr. Bhutto and offered his expertise to build a nuclear bomb. In 1976, with full command over the uranium-enrichment technology known to the Western world. Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan returned to Pakistan and assumed leadership of Pakistan's nuclear research and development program. Uranium was obtained from pakistani mines In 1975, Khan finally joined the atomic bomb program, and became a member of the enrichment division at PAEC, collaborating with dr. Khalil Qureshi in the Pakistani mines
7. KAHUTA RESEARCH LABS From 1976 till 1998, the nuclear development research at KRL largely remained a well-kept secret. In response to a major nuclear test by India in 1998, Pakistan formally conducted an equivalent nuclear test for the “first time”.
8. FRIST ATOMIC BOMB On May 28th, 1998, Pakistan's first atomic bomb was testeted at the iron-steel tunnel inside the Koh- Kämbran, Räs Koh Hills. Chagai-I Is the code name of five simultaneous underground nuclear tests conducted by Pakistan Chagai-I was Pakistan's first public nuclear weapon tests
9. ACHIVEMENTS Highest awards, degrees and titles notably: Mohsin -e -Pakistan, FPAS, D.Eng, D.Sc, Hilal -e-Imtiaz, and Nishan -e-Imtiaz. To his research and development in nuclear science, He also made contributions in social welfare and altruism. May Allah SWT grant him good health and long life . AMEEN