A recent government report on the potential effects of a commonly used plastic additive (bisphenol A or BPA) has us completely freaked out. We're trying not to put on our tinfoil hats and go nuts. Let's just calmly and methodically remove every single piece of #7 plastic from our homes. Because this BPA stuff is scary. Acts like estrogen in the body? Yikes. Causes obesity in mice. Ouch. Pay attention, parents, because this is the closest we ever get to actual parenting advice.
Here are the DadLabs tips for helping your family avoid BPA:
* Avoid food and beverage marked with the recyclable #7 and shop for BPA free products.
* Avoid using plastic cutlery and plates.
* Do not use plastic plates and cups in the microwave.
* Throw away any worn plastic plates and cups.
* Hand wash your plastic plates and cups instead of putting them in the dishwasher.
* Look for stainless steel, porcelain and glass baby food and drink containers.