Uploaded on Aug 6, 2014
Cook this easy lasagne recipe with mushrooms and ricotta cheese.
Get recipe & shop ingredients online: http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/S..
Heat the pan, sauté the vegetables and mushrooms, add tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes. Make the ricotta mixture. Layer the mushroom tomato sauce, ricotta mixture and lasagne sheets. Bake at 180C for 40 minutes before serving.
Prep mins: 30
Cook mins: 45
2 tablespoons Woolworths Select Spanish classic olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
50g thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
375g large flat mushrooms or Portobello mushrooms, sliced
125g button or cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
3 x 400gm cans Woolworths Select diced Italian tomatoes
750gms fresh ricotta, from the deli
1 cup grated parmesan, plus extra for top
2 Woolworths Select free range eggs
250g packet Homebrand frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
½ teaspoon Woolworths Select ground nutmeg
250gm packet Woolworths Select lasagne sheets
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Heat oil in a heavy-based casserole pan. Add onion, garlic and prosciutto and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme, increase heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until mushrooms soften. Stir in tomatoes. Simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 mins for flavours to infuse. Season. Combine ricotta, parmesan, egg, spinach, and nutmeg in a bowl and mix together with a large spoon.
2. Grease a 22cm x 30cm rectangular ovenproof dish. Spoon a ladle of mushroom sauce over base. Place one layer of pasta sheets to cover, snapping some in halves to fit neatly. Spoon ½ of remaining mushroom sauce evenly over. Place a second layer of lasagne sheets and cover evenly with ½ of spinach ricotta mixture. Top with lasagne sheets, remaining mushroom sauce and spinach ricotta mixture.
3. Sprinkle with some extra parmesan. Bake, covered with foil for 20 minutes. Remove foil, bake for a further 20 minutes or until pasta sheets are tender and top is golden. Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Tip1: Make ahead: Prepare as above through step 2. Cover the unbaked lasagne with foil and chill up to 24 hours. Bake, covered, from fridge for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for 40 minutes more.
Tip2: To test if lasagne sheets are cooked, poke a paring knife into lasagne if its smooth and no resistance it is cooked.
Tip3: Serve with steamed green beans and toasted almonds.
Tools you may need:
• Heavy-based casserole pan
• Rectangular oven-proof dish
Remember to subscribe to the Woolworths YouTube channel for more delicious recipe ideas each week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr94..
Watch more great Fresh Ideas recipe videos in the Fresh Ideas video playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list..
Shop all the ingredients from this recipe and more on Woolworths' website : http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/