Gazan families flee homes as Israel continues air bombardment

euronews (in English)
6.9K
39 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
Israel continued its bombardment of north Gaza on Sunday, after dropping leaflets telling thousands of residents to leave their homes.

Hundreds of Palestinian families fled the cities of Beit Lahia and Beit Hanun, many seeking shelter at an UNRWA school in Gaza City.

Earlier in the day, a Palestinian woman and a three-year-old girl were killed in air strikes.

The death toll of Palestinians killed in the last six days is now over 150. No Israeli has been killed by Hamas’s rocket fire.

Israeli naval commandos also clashed with Hamas militants on Sunday as they tried to raid the coast of the Gaza Strip. Hamas claimed its fighters had fired at the Israeli force, preventing them from landing.

Israeli officials said that four of their commandos were wounded by militants as Israeli troops launched rockets at a Palestinian rocket launch site.

Gaza’s police chief is in a critical condition in hospital after his home was bombed killing 18 members of his family. Many more were wounded and some are still being rescued from the rubble.

Israel says Hamas has fired hundreds of rockets in the last week.

Th UN has called for an immediate ceasefire.

0 comments