Lightning recently blew a Georgia man’s boots right off…literally. Sean O'Connor, from Atlanta, was gearing up to do some yard work on Saturday when he was struck.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to tell when lightning will strike. For one man in Georgia, it blew his boots right off…literally.
Sean O'Connor, from Atlanta, was gearing up to do some yard work on Saturday. At the time, the sun was shining and there were no signs of impending doom, but as soon as he picked up the rake, O'Connor heard a loud crashing sound.
Initially, he wasn’t sure what exactly happened, except that he got knocked to the ground. O’Connor got up and tasted blood in his mouth.
He felt his leg burning and checked over his body. That’s when he realized his leg hair was singed. When he looked around, O'Connor saw his boots resting across the driveway with smoke coming out of one of them.
It became clear to him that he had been struck by lightning. He used his cell phone to capture footage of his smoldering boot and bleeding tongue and sent it to his wife, who wasn’t home at the time. Soon, O’Connor was rushed to the hospital.
Doctors saw his heart rate had dropped to 40 beats per minute.
He is now home recovering and admits he’s incredibly lucky to still be alive.