- Did You Know You Can Sell An Unfinished Rehab House? Here’s A Quick Video Explaining How To Sell Your Real Estate Rehabs Before They Are Finished...
Hi, this is Frank Chen with REIClub.com, the only site you need as a real estate investor. Today I’ve got a quick video on selling your rehabbed houses before they are finished
Many investors are under the impression that they can only start marketing their investments once it has been completed, sorry but that’s too late.
Smart and savvy investors start marketing their properties the minute after closing because we try to attract Investors and Home-buyers all at the same time… Here’s how we do it:
Step 1: Put a BIG sign with your phone number in the front
- Right after closing - Change the locks, put a lock box up, and put a sign up.
- Doesn't need to be fancy
- Get a cheap sign from Home Depot
- This will immediately start attracting investors
- Once you start your rehab, you will start attracting home buyers
- Neighbors talk, they just do
Step 2: Create Curb-Appeal
- Clean the exterior
- Do not block view of home with trash from work site, or dumpster
Step 3: Setting Up Appointments for Showings
- Do NOT let your contractors speak for you
- Have them forward you any Drive-By leads
- Be sure to show the house when your contractors are NOT there if possible.
Step 4: Be Transparent
- Let them know what you are planning on doing
- New granite countertops, wood flooring, new bathrooms, etc…
- Remember, when people build their house, they see it in the same condition as your rehabs
- They actually prefer to see that NEW things are being installed
- Give them an estimated date of completion
Step 5: Push The Close
- Let people know you will have a formal open house once the home is complete
- Give them a final sales price
- Let them know you are only taking serious offers from pre-qualified buyers.
- If they require an inspection contingency, that's fine.
- That can be scheduled when the house is complete, and can be done on the first day it is ready
Again, this is Frank Chen with REIClub.com. Please take the time to leave your comments for this video below and please subscribe to our YouTube channel so you’ll be automatically notified when we upload more quick video tips for you. Take care and good investing.