3-Year-Old Dies After Lighting Mattress on Fire

Geo Beats
2.1K
173 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
A 3-year-old girl in Chicago recently died after lighting a mattress on fire.

A 3-year-old girl in Chicago recently died after lighting a mattress on fire. The child, LeAndrea White, had been in her room playing with either matches or a lighter.

LeAndrea’s twin sister was in the bedroom when she lit the mattress. Once it ignited, the sibling ran to their mother who was asleep in another room.

The panicked mom attempted to throw the mattress out a window but the air inflamed it more. The fire was put out about 40 minutes after it started. Sadly, by the time it was extinguished, LeAndrea had already passed away.

The mother searched for LeAndrea when the room was engulfed but she could not find her. At first, she believed LeAndrea was able to escape the room but now she speculates her daughter hid in a closet to seek shelter from the flames.

Firefighters later confirmed the small child’s body was found in the bedroom where the fire is suspected to have originated. There were reportedly no functioning smoke detectors inside the home.

All of LeAndrea’s family members who were inside at the time of the blaze survived.

0 comments