Do you want to remove all your recent searches?

All recent searches will be deleted

Like
Watch Later
Share
Add to

Dog Treated With Vodka for Poisoning

4 years ago223 views

GeoBeats

Geo Beats

A Maltese Terrier named Charlie recently landed in an animal hospital in Melbourne, Australia after lapping up coolant off the floor. After Charlie’s owner, Jacinta Rosewarne transported him to the facility, a vet treated the small dog for Ethylene Glycol Poisoning with vodka.

Canines seemingly have an attraction for getting into things they shouldn’t be near. A Maltese Terrier named Charlie recently landed in an animal hospital in Melbourne, Australia after lapping up coolant off the floor.

After Charlie’s owner, Jacinta Rosewarne transported him to the facility, a vet treated the small dog for Ethylene Glycol Poisoning. Charlie was given vodka as a cure.

According to Rosewarne, Charlie was incredibly drunk after the treatment. He soon recovered, however, and is back to his normal self.

Ethylene Glycol is a chemical compound usually found in anti – freeze solution. The taste is reportedly very sweet, meaning it’s a magnet for pets. If ingested though, Ethylene Glycol positioning can cause kidney failure and death.

Alcohol is the perfect cure, as it counteracts the chemical reaction. In Charlie’s case, vets placed a tube through his nose to reach his stomach. Over the course of two days, the pooch was given recurring doses of vodka.

The booze worked double duty, as it helped flush the toxins out of his system and also sedated him during the process. Everything proved to be a success.

Charlie is now back home and is hopefully staying out of trouble.

Report this video

Select an issue

Embed the video

Dog Treated With Vodka for Poisoning
Autoplay
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x1g6z7p" allowfullscreen allow="autoplay"></iframe>
Add the video to your site with the embed code above