Man Comes Down With Life-Threatening Infection From Pedicure

Geo Beats
1.8K
62 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
63-year-old Bruce Walters suffered from a very serious infection. Doctors believe he contracted the illness from a pedicure.

Unwinding at a nail salon after a long, hard day is typically considered a treat. However, for one man, a trip to a salon turned into a disaster.

63-year-old Bruce Walters suffered from a very serious infection. Doctors believe he contracted the illness from a pedicure.

It all started after Walters visited his hometown in Indiana. He decided to stop at a local salon for a pedicure.

About 10 days later, he was back home in Washington D.C. and his health took a turn for the worse. Walters became disoriented and was encountering flu like symptoms.

Wisely, he went to the hospital to see what was wrong. Doctors soon learned an infection was running through his blood. Walters’ leg was the most affected.

The swelling had gotten so bad that he was losing circulation. Had he not received treatment right away, Walters would have most likely lost his limb.

Doctors suspect the infection causing bacteria entered his body from the pedicure. Walters spent a total of three weeks in the hospital and underwent five surgeries resulting from that salon visit. Fortunately, he’s now doing much better.

0 comments