Advertising Console

    Family Sues After Pet Rat Gave Son Deadly Infection


    by IBTimes


    Aidan Pankey was 10 years old when he died from rat-bite fever. The tragedy occurred in June 2013, but now it has been confirmed that his pet rat is to blame the family wants justice. The confirmation came from lab reports by The Federal Center for Disease and Control.

    They are suing the retailer, Petco for selling the pet rat as it was carrying an infection that Aidan contracted from being in contact with it. The family through their layer communicated that they wanted the world to know about their tragedy so no other family would have to go through their suffering and loss.

    But is Petco to blame for the rat’s infection and Aidan’s death?