Parasites Invade Man's Brain After He Consumed Pig's Blood

Try Our New Player
Geo Beats
2.1K
159 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
A man in Guangxi, China recently walked into a local hospital and complained that he was suffering from a loss of vision, nausea and weakness. Parasites had found their way into his brain after he consumed a soup derived from a pig’s blood.

Pig’s blood is certainly not healthy for humans. A bizarre case recently came to light on February 18th when a man in Guangxi, China walked into a local hospital and complained that he was suffering from a loss of vision, nausea and weakness. Medical authorities weren’t quite sure what the problem could be so they performed a CT scan on the patient's brain and learned it contained 19 parasites.

Those parasites are professionally referred to as Taenia solium. In layman’s terms, they’re a specific type of tapeworm found in the flesh and blood of live pigs.

Any human who eats improperly prepared and cooked pork can become susceptible to the parasites, which enter the body through the bloodstream and venture towards the brain.

As for the unfortunate man in question, the parasites found their way into his brain after he consumed a soup derived from a pig’s blood.

The condition is easily treated if found early, however it can worsen if left undetected and can often lead to nerve and brain damage or even fatality. Sadly, the man’s condition is reported to be in advanced stages and it’s not known if he will fully recover.

0 comments