Middle School Student Touches Tongue to Pole, Gets Stuck

Try Our New Player
Geo Beats
2.1K
89 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
A student at White Brook Middle School in Easthampton, Massachusetts decided to touch his or her tongue to a pole on school grounds. It was a little after 8 in the morning when first responders got the call for assistance.

As the famous scene from ‘A Christmas Story’ proved, touching your tongue to a frozen pole can cause it to stick.

A student at White Brook Middle School in Easthampton, Massachusetts learned in real life just how serious it can be to carry out a similar stunt.

It’s not known if the child did it on a dare or just out of sheer curiosity, but the unidentified student decided to touch his or her tongue to a pole on school grounds.

It was a little after 8 in the morning when first responders got the call for assistance. Firefighters were dispatched to the scene. Authorities simply poured warm water on the child’s tongue to free the attachment to the pole.

The student was checked over. Thankfully no injures were reported. He or she was released into the care of the mother following the incident.

Because metal has high ‘thermal conductivity’, the liquid on a human tongue freezes between the fleshy skin and pole, causing them to attach. As a cautionary tip, its best to stay far away from poles in cold conditions, as even sweaty hands can stick to the surface.

0 comments