Man and Dog Badly Burned After Tick Spray Catches Fire

Try Our New Player
Geo Beats
2.2K
273 views
  • About
  • Export
  • Add to
A male pooch owner in South Florida encountered second-degree burns after a freak occurrence. The man’s wife Telma Botcherby had applied a flea and tick spray to the canine, which soon caught on fire.

A male pooch owner in South Florida encountered second-degree burns after a freak occurrence.

The man’s wife Telma Botcherby had applied a flea and tick spray to the canine. Suddenly she noticed a live tick creeping across the floor.

Using a lighter she tried to burn the tick, but the frightened dog ran over to Botcherby jus then. It was bad timing.

The dog immediately caught fire because the flea and tick treatment was highly flammable.

Botcherby panicked and screamed for her husband Jess Olivas to help.

We are told, that man grabbed his dog and jumped into the pool with his dog. Both of them suffered some bad burns.

Approximately 20 percent of Olivas' body was scorched.

His arms, chest and face were affected the most. The canine was taken to an animal hospital where vets examined the burned back legs and abdomen. Olivas is now recovering and the dog is being treated at an area animal hospital.

0 comments