4 years ago487 views
A 58-year-old woman in China was forced to go to the hospital after suffering from very severe abdominal pain and swelling. It was during the subsequent operation that the female’s abdomen released gas, causing flames to quickly break out in the operating room.
Who knew overeating could be so dangerous? A 58-year-old woman in China was forced to go to the hospital after suffering from very severe abdominal pain and swelling.
The reason why she encountered the nearly impossible-to-deal-with discomfort was because she binged on vast amounts of food. The woman also drank alcohol during her eating session.
When doctors examined the lady, they learned her entire stomach had ruptured. At that point, surgeons decided to conduct an emergency operation to replace her stomach.
It was during that very serious operation that the female’s abdomen released gas. Flames quickly broke out in the operating room.
Wang Hao, a doctor at the Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital, claimed the alcohol in the woman’s stomach ignited after coming into contact with the surgical knife.
Hao stated “Normally, people will stop eating when they feel full. However, drinking alcohol during a rich meal can make people ignore their body's signals, and they eat too much.”
It’s believed the lady had been celebrating the week-long Chinese New Year prior to arriving at the hospital.