Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney, a very popular Indian dip and condiment recipe. Chef Annuradha Toshniwal teaches you how to cook this simple and easy to cook quick homemade condiment recipe.
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
2 Green Chillies
1 Red Chilli
1 sliced Onion
4 crushed Garlic cloves
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1.5 tsp Sugar
- Put the tomatoes in boiling hot water for 5 - 7 mins and peel off the skin of the tomato.
- Chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilli, red chilli to the hot oil and let the mustard seeds start crackling.
- Add garlic, onions and cook it till the onions are translucent / opaque.
- Add the red chilli powder and stir fry a bit
- Add the tomatoes and mix it well.
- Add water and let it cook for about 10 mins with the lid on.
- Add salt, sugar, mix well and the chutney is ready to served at room temperature.