A man in Olathe, Kansas is lucky to be alive after flames broke out in his home. Once the terror of losing a gaming system set in, he rushed back in the burning house to save his Xbox.
Memories lost, precious and priceless items gone - those are all traumatizing consequences resulting from a fire.
A man in Olathe, Kansas is lucky to be alive after flames broke out in his home. The unidentified male could be considered a hero in the eyes of diehard gamers.
According to reports, the man made it outside to safety after he noticed the fire, but then he realized his beloved Xbox console was still inside. Once the terror of losing his gaming system set in, he rushed back in the burning house to save it.
It was during the Xbox recovery effort that he encountered smoke inhalation. Again, he was able to make it outside. Paramedics arrived on scene and looked him over. He is expected to do just fine.
Firefighters were eventually able to control the blaze but in the end, the home was left charred. It’s currently suspected an electrical junction box was to blame for the fire. Authorities estimate the damages equate to somewhere around $80,000.