Sindhi Kadhi is one of the very popular recipes and commonly consumed with plain steamed rice and papad. This simple and easy to cook spicy recipe would surely add a variety to your sunday lunch menu. Chef Ruchi Bharani teaches how to make quick hommade Sindhi Kadhi.
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida
2 tbsp gram flour
500 gms tomato puree
1 tsp red chilli powder
3 green chillies (finely chopped)
1 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
7 - 8 kokam
3 cups of water
3 cubed potatoes
100 gms okra
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, gram flour and quickly mix & stir it in low heat
- Add tomato puree and stir it properly so as to break all the lumps in it
- Once the mixture starts boiling, add red chilli powder, pinch of turmeric powder, curry leaves, green chillies, ginger, cocam, coriander leaves and stir them well
- Add water, potatoes and let it boil for 20 mins after adding salt
- Add the okra and boil the vegetables for another 15 - 20 mins. Add water if necessary.
- Garnish by adding chopped coriander and serve hot.