In one recent report that defies irony, a coffee house in San Jose named Flames, went up in flames.
In one recent report that defines irony, a coffee house in San Jose named Flames, went up, as you might be able guess, in flames.
The blaze started at around 6:30 on a Saturday morning. Employees had already started work, preparing for the A.M. rush. A chef was the first one to realize something was wrong after the building started shaking.
When he went to investigate, he saw the front of the shop was engulfed in flames. Although the nearest fire station was about 150 yards down the road, it didn’t help.
Firefighters arrived on scene about minute after the blaze was reported but it was too late. It was so massive, with far too much smoke and heat that crews could not go inside.
However, they were able to keep the fire from spreading to neighboring businesses.
Despite the frantic efforts, the coffee shop could not be saved. At this point, all that’s left is a gutted building. The damage is estimated to be about $1 million.
It’s suspected the blaze was fueled by cooking oils. In the only bright spot, no injuries were reported.