Advertising Console

    Woman Hospitalized After Swallowing Inedible Cake Decoration

    Repost
    Geo Beats

    by Geo Beats

    3.1K
    115 views
    According to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, an elderly woman was recently hospitalized after consuming a piece of cake decoration that was inedible.

    These days, cake decorators have risen to such levels of flawless execution, it’s hard to believe that deserts so lifelike, artistic and beautiful, are edible. In some cases, those gorgeous decorations really can’t or at the very least, shouldn’t be eaten.

    According to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, an elderly woman was recently hospitalized after consuming a piece of cake decoration that was inedible. The 72-year-old lady apparently didn’t realize that while eating the Christmas cake.

    The unidentified woman reportedly suffered from excruciating abdominal pain for about three days before finally going to the emergency room. Doctors ran a CT scan and noticed what appeared to be a miniature ax.

    A subsequent surgery to remove the small plastic object proved it was indeed a decorative ax that came off a cake, measuring about 2 centimeters in length. It turned out the tiny green ax had pierced the lady’s small intestine.

    About 10 days after the operation, the woman was finally allowed to go home to recover.