Veteran actor Farooq Sheikh sadly passed away on December 27, 2013 due to sudden heart attack. He was 65-year-old and was a part of several classic films such as Satyajit Ray's Shatranj Ke Khiladi, Chashme Buddoor, Kissi Se Na Kehna and Noorie.
Entire film fraternity is in shocked and expresses their grief over the sad demise of the versatile and veteran actor. Check it out!
Bollywood mourns over Farooq Sheikh sad demise
1. Boman Irani: Farooq Sheikh passes away! Shocked, numbed and saddened. Was supposed to be shooting with him today. A gentleman actor is no more!
2. Amitabh Bachchan: God !! Farooq Sheikh passes away !!? A true gentleman, a wonderful colleague ! A quiet honesty about him. Very very sad ! Cannot believe he has gone. There was an absence of any kind of pretence in his demeanour, or towards his work !!
3. Neha Dhupia: Woken up to the tragic news of yet another icon passing away .. R I P Farooq Sheikh Sir .
4. Arshad Warsi: Really sad to hear about Farooq Sheikh, admired him as a person and as an actor... RIP Farooq Sahab.
5. Kunal Kohli: Completely Shocked to hear about Farooq Sheikh passing away. RIP. Can't believe this news. Really sad.
6. Madhur Bhandarkar: Deeply saddened to hear about Farooq Sheikh. Will miss his warmth, acting skills & gentlemanly demeanour.RIP sir.
7. Divya Dutta: woke up to hearing this terrible news abt farooque saab.t gentlest soul n magic on screen..my last mtng with him at shabanaji s house.I TLD t warmth n genuiness u exude is unparalleld .his smile was straight frm t heart.miss u sir! r I p
8. Shekhar Kapur: #RIPFarooqShaikh Garam Hawa, Chasme Badoor, Umrao Jaan, Katha Shanghai. List of brilliance is endless. Life passionately dedicated 2 his art
9. Sophie Choudry: Such sad news to wake up to! Fabulous actor, understated gentleman.. Have loved him in so many films frm Noorie to YJHD! RIP Farooque Sheikh
10. Karan Johar: Actor Farooq Sheikh is no more with us due to a heart attack. May he #RIP
Farooq Sheikh, who started his career in Bollywood in 1973 with 'Garm Hava' and is also known for hosting the famous television talk show Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai, was last seen as Ranbir Kapoor's father in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and with Sarika in 'Club 60'.
May the soul of the versatile and veteran actor be rest in peace!