Lasagna is one of the oldest types of pasta. The word also refers to a dish made with several layers of lasagna sheets alternated with sauces and various other ingredients. Learn to make this Italian recipe easily at home.
For the Filling:
1 tbsp Butter
1 small Onion - chopped
1 tsp Garlic Paste
1/2 red and green bell pepper
Zucchini & Mushroom
Parboiled Baby Corn, Carrot, Yellow Corn & French Beans
1 cup Spinach - chopped
Few Basil Leaves
1 & 1/2 cup Tomato Puree
2tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Sugar
For the White Sauce:
1 & 1/2 cup Milk
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tbsp Butter
Crushed Black Pepper
For Pasta Layer:
3 Pasta Sheets
Cheese (Soft Cheddar and Mozzarella)
- Add butter to a heated pan and add onions and garlic paste and saute them for a minute
- Add the bell peppers, zucchini, mushroom and stir fry
- Add rest of the parboiled Vegetables and saute it.
- Add the chopped spinach, basil leaves and cook it
- Once the spinach is soft and cooked, add the tomato puree.
- Add red chilli powder, sugar, salt and mix everything well and remove it from flame till it dries out.
- In a pan mix milk, cornflour, salt oregano, butter, black pepper and turn on the flame
- Stir continuously till it becomes thick
- In a separate pan boil water, add salt and oil to it and put the pasta sheets in it and boil them for approx 30 secs on both sides.
- On a dry napkin, spread the sheet to remove extra moisture
- Take a greased baking tray and place a pasta sheet
- Spread the vegetable filling on the sheet and spread some cheese on it
- Place another sheet and spread the vegetable filling on the sheet and spread some cheese on it
- Place third layer of sheet and spread the vegetable filling on the sheet and spread some cheese on it
- Place another layer of sheet and pour the white sauce on it with a special care that the sauce go down.
- Bake the lasagna in a pre heated oven at 180 c for 10 mins and remove it out and sprinkle some more cheese and cook it for another 15 mins.