A mother in St. Louis is furious after it was discovered that her young son had been given a scorpion lollipop.
With holiday parties in full swing, its tough to keep track of what kids are grabbing and eating.
A mother is Saint Louis is furious after it was discovered that her young son had been given a scorpion lollipop. Richelle West and her 2-year-old child attended a Christmas party, sponsored by the Rams at the Edward Jones Dome.
At some point, West noticed her son was sucking on the pop with a scorpion that could clearly be seen through the candy. She yanked the pop away from her child and contacted poison control and snapped photos of the treat.
She learned scorpion pops are safe to consume once processed. Nevertheless West was still outraged.
She stated “It shouldn't be given to children period. I can understand it being given as a gag gift or something like that, but you're not giving these kids gag gifts at all.”
The scorpion pops had been inside stockings which were handed out to all the children. After the media got a hold of the story, authorities at the Rams were contacted. They have since vowed to deliver replacement candies to the kids who were at the party.