A California man accused of opening fire at Los Angeles International Airport last month, killing a federal security screener and wounding three other people, was ordered held without bond on Wednesday (December 04), pending trial.
A federal judge said he was denying bail for Paul Anthony Ciancia, 23, because he posed a danger to the community and represented a potential flight risk, prosecutors said in a statement.
Ciancia, who was wounded by police during the shooting incident at one of the world's busiest airports, is charged with killing a Transportation Security Administration officer and committing an act of violence at an international airport.
Because of his injuries, the slightly built Ciancia had been prevented from making an initial court appearance in the days following his arrest after the Nov. 1 shooting. He could face the death penalty or life in prison if convicted.
With bruises and healing cuts still visible on his face and neck, he was arraigne