5 years ago464 views
A 5-year-old boy in West Croydon, United Kingdom was recently rescued after he got stuck in a washing machine.
For some reason, washing machines seem to attract way too many kids and pets.
A 5-year-old boy in West Croydon, United Kingdom was recently rescued after he became stuck in one.
The child reportedly climbed into the appliance and unfortunately got stuck "in a lotus position" while innocently playing in his home.
Thankfully the machine wasn’t running and the door was open, however when he tried to climb out, the boy panicked and his legs got wedged in the cylinder.
Firefighters were called to the scene for assistance. Upon arrival, they found the boy’s torso was partially sticking out, but his legs were firmly stuck inside the appliance.
The child’s mother was supporting his torso and holding him in place. Firefighters had initially expected the worse, believing the wash cycle had started.
They were able to rescue the boy by pushing him further in the machine and repositioning his legs. In total, it took about 3 minutes to free the boy, who was said to be uninjured.
A firefighter stated “"I think it was panic that trapped him in. He was quite distressed by it, a bit in shock.”