An animal clinic in Brisbane, Australia recently caught on fire. Firefighters rushed to the scene and managed to save three sick dogs from the burning building.
A veterinary hospital is probably the last place where you would expect an animal to be in danger. But in a completely unexpected and traumatic incident, an animal clinic in Brisbane, Australia caught on fire.
Firefighters rushed to the scene and managed to save three sick dogs from the burning building. Those pets were the only ones in the structure at the tine of the blaze.
The clinic owner stated “When I was driving in and saw the fire I thought they wouldn't have survived. The firefighters did a fantastic job. I'm very, very pleased they got the animals out safe and well.”
One of the rescued dogs was a Rottweiler that weighted almost 90 pounds. As the dog was still weak from leg surgery, firefighters were forced to use a stretcher to get him safely out the building.The fire reportedly originated in a nearby vacant shop, which was formerly a news agency.
By the time firefighters arrived, the blaze had spread to the veterinary clinic and a hair salon. It took eleven fire crews and approximately 45 minutes to control the flames according to the Department of Community Safety.
In the end, there was severe smoke and water damage to the businesses.