A man in Helena, Montana, Wayne Klinkel was recently reimbursed $500 by the US treasury after his pet golden retriever, named Sundance ate five $100 bills.
While there’s a certain joy when it comes to owning a pet, it also has some drawbacks. A man in Helena, Montana, Wayne Klinkel knows how rough it can be to have a mischievous dog.
Klinkel was recently reimbursed $500 by the US treasury after his pet golden retriever, named Sundance ate five $100 bills. The long ordeal began last Christmas when the Klinkel family, including the pooch went on a road trip from Montana to Colorado.
When Wayne and his wife stopped at a restaurant for dinner, they left Sundance in the car along with 6 monetary bills. Five were hundreds and one was a dollar.
Clearly Sundance has expensive taste, because when the Klinkels returned to the vehicle, the $1 bill was on the seat along with half of one chewed up hundred. The rest of the money was eaten by the pooch.
After that day, the family chased Sundance, eager for him to pass all of the money. By March, they managed to clean and piece together most of the bills.
In April, Wayne mailed the taped bills in baggies to the Federal Treasury and just recently, he got the full $500 back in the form of a check.