Do you want to remove all your recent searches?

All recent searches will be deleted

Baby Dies After Eating Detergent Pod

4 years ago244 views

GeoBeats

Geo Beats

A baby boy tragically died after ingesting a detergent packet. The pods contain a highly concentrated amount of cleaning chemicals and unfortunately, they are small and enticing to curious children.

A baby boy tragically died after ingesting a detergent packet. The pods contain a highly concentrated amount of cleaning chemicals and unfortunately, they are small and enticing to curious children.

The infant, named Michael Williams was living with his mother in a battered women’s shelter in Kissimmee, Florida when the horrific incident occurred. The child’s mom reportedly left the baby and the laundry pod on the same bed.

She walked out of the room and returned a short time later to find the infant was eating the packet. Emergency crews were immediately called.

Upon the arrival of first responders, the child was coughing but he was alert. He was taken to a nearby hospital but his condition got far worse and he passed away.

A spokesperson for the Department of Children and Families stated “The death of little Michael is a tragedy. It reminds all of us as parents the dangers of leaving household cleaning supplies around our little ones. Unfortunately, on average we lose 20 children each year to accidental poisoning in the state of Florida.”