If you think getting bitten by a venomous snake sounds bad, just wait until you hear about the hospital bill. Jules Weiss’ was 55 thousand dollars.
If you think getting bitten by a venomous snake sounds bad, just wait until you hear about the hospital bill.
Jules Weiss was traveling along the George Washington Memorial Parkway when she decided to pull over for a bit.
Standing on the grassy embankment, she felt a sharp, bee sting-like pain in her foot.
Weiss inspected the area to find two fang marks and some oozing liquid. A little later her foot started to swell and change color.
That’s when she decided it was time to have it checked by a medical professional.
Good thing she did, because she had been bitten by a poisonous copperhead.
3 IV bags of antivenom, 18 hours of hospital stay, and a 55 thousand dollar treatment bill later, she was on her way.
The bad news is that she doesn’t have health insurance. The good news is that the bill could have been way worse.
Treating snakebites is a pricey process as the antivenom alone can cost 40 thousand and up.
Another woman once reported a snakebite bill of almost 800 thousand dollars.