In this episode, watch chef Ruchi Bharani makes an interesting recipe made out of eggplant.
1 Finely Chopped Onions
1 Finely Chopped Tomatoes
2 Tbsp Oil
1/2 Cup Boiled Green Peas
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Coriander & Cumin Seeds
2 Green Chilies Chopped
1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Ginger Paste
4 Cloves Garlic
- Make slits in the eggplant and insert the garlic cloves in it
- On medium Flame, put the eggplant and roast it and keep turning it slowly over time to time till everything is nicely roasted, Soft and cooked.
- Once its cooked, put the eggplant in a bowl and cover the bowl with clean wraps
- Meanwhile in a heated pan, put some oil.
- Add cumin seeds to it & let it crackle
- Add onions and ginger paste and saute it till its nice and cooked
- Add tomatoes and green chilies and mix everything well
- Add asafoetida, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander and cumin seed powder, red chilly powder, salt and mix everything well.
- While its cooking, remove the wrap from the bowl and remove the burnt skin from eggplant and mash it well.
- Add the eggplant mash to the tomato mixture.
- Add the boiled green peas and coriander leaves and mix everything well
- Add 1/2 cup water and salt so that everything cooks well and the dish is ready to be served