In this episode, tasty and healthy vegetable dish, Bhindi Masala is being made. A very popular main course item commonly made in India.
250gms chopped Okra (Bhindi)
1 small Onion, cut lengthwise
1&1/2 Tomato finely chopped
1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Raw Mango Powder (Aamchur Powder)
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Coriander & Cumin Powder
2 tbsp Oil
- Cut the Okra into 1 inch long pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds and Okra, stir well.
- Meanwhile in a different pan, heat some oil, add ginger paste, garlic paste and chopped onions. Saute for few mins.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, raw mango powder, coriander & cumin seeds and stirl.
- After couple of mins add garam masala & salt. Cook till the tomatoes are nice and soft.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Once the okra is cooked, add it to the onion and tomato mix.
- Add some more salt. Stir and mix well
- Bhindi masala is now ready to be served hot, after garnishing with few sesame seeds.