Guru Vandana - A Respectful Salute to Teachers
The word Guru has many connotations; a spiritual guide, sports teacher, a person elevated in spirit and strength or one with a calm mind and clear thought. All of us seek inspiration, encouragement and guidance from a Guru. It therefore is important and necessary that due respect be offered to such a person.
-- ॐ --
गुरुर्ब्रह्मा गुरुर्विष्णुः गुरुर्देवो महेश्वरः ।
गुरुरेव परंब्रह्म तस्मै श्रीगुरवे नमः ॥
gururbrahmaa gururviShNuH gururdevo maheshvaraH
gurureva para.nbrahma tasmai shriigurave namaH
Salutation to the noble Guru, who is Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara, the direct Parabrahma, the Supreme Reality.
-- ॐ --
अज्ञानतिमिरान्धस्य ज्ञानाञ्जनशलाकया ।
चक्षुरुन्मीलितं येन तस्मै श्रीगुरवे नमः ॥
chakshurunmiilita.n yena tasmai shriigurave namaH
Salutation to the noble Guru, who has opened the eyes blinded by darkness of ignorance with the collyrium-stick of knowledge.
Benefits of Dakshinamurti during Guru Peyarchi 2013, the transit of Guru (Planet Jupiter)
1. Burning away of Karmas collected in so many births
2. Awakening of the Kundalini
3. Awakening of the third eye -- the Ajna chakra
4. Power of grasping, retention, memory and intelligence take a quantum leap
5. Visible improvement in creativity
6. Clarity in thinking
7. Reduction in the number of thoughts per second
8. Improvement in the health condition
9. Healing of Hypertension
10. Expression of qualities of Enlightenment
11. Above all Enlightenment experience
Recited By: Sri. P. S. Raghuraman, Sri. Malolakannan, Sri. Jagadeesa Bhatt under the guidance of Dr. R. Thyagarajan with the help of the famous Music Director Mr. V.R. Manickavinayagam.