2010 Climate change and Water!_CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This contest is organized by the Non Governmental Organization â€œSOLIDARITE EAU EUROPEâ€, (the â€œorganizerâ€) in partnership with Dailymotion SA (the â€œPartnerâ€).
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The 2010 Climate change and Water! Contest (the â€œContestâ€) is a competition in which participants shall compete by submitting their videos regarding the consequences of the climating changes on the water, for a chance to win 100 Euros and be selected to participate to the international contest â€œWater and Cinemaâ€ which shall be organized during the water worldwide forum in Marseille in 2012. Each Contest Entrant (as such term is defined below) shall be invited to submit his/her video (a â€œVideoâ€), which shall be judged and selected as further described in Rules 7 below. The Contest begins on November 26th 2010 , and ends at March 23rd 2011, and the deadline for submissions of Video is on February 7th 2010 (the â€œSubmission Deadlineâ€). The Contest consists of an online competition in which Contest Entrants shall be invited to upload a Video to the Partner owned and controlled website available at http://www.dailymotion.com (the â€œPartner Siteâ€).The Video shall be posted on a page of the Partner Site dedicated to the Contest and available at the address : http://www.dailymotion.com/contest/climatechangeandwater (the â€œContest Pageâ€)
2. CONTEST ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents and national citizens of one of the 47 countries of Europe (in the geographic mean of the word) who are at least 16 years of age at time of entry but not more than 21 years. Entrants who are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must have their parent/legal guardian's permission in order to submit an entry in this Contest. Employees (and their immediate families, i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of the Organizer and Partner and their respective agents, parent affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators are not eligible to enter the Contest.
4. HOW TO SUBMIT A VIDEO: Once you have completed registration for the Contest, follow the online instructions to complete, encode and upload your Video. Each Contest Entrant, may submit up to 1 Video during the term of the Contest;. You must complete the registration process and upload your Video no later than the Submission Deadline.
All Videos: (a) must be a wholly original, audio-visual performance created by the Contest Entrant that shows, explains, is about the consequences of the climate change on the water, in English spoken language or with English subtitles; (b) must be no more than 2 minutes in total running time; (c) must be formatted and encoded according to the requirements set forth on the upload page of Partner Site; (d) must be in English, if there is any language in the Video; however, subtitles may be permitted when used for comedic effect, in the Organizer' sole discretion; (e) must not, contain or involve any of the following: (i) obscenity, (ii) singing (except for wholly original songs, that are owned, controlled and created by the Contest Entrant), (iii) private property, or other property (unless Contest Entrant has obtained a signed property release specific for the uses specified herein), (iv) crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols, (v) gang signs or symbols, (vi) nudity, (vii) commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements, (viii) license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical, email or otherwise), (ix) websites or web page links, (x) derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, (xi) humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), (xii) any assault or threatening of others, (xiii) trespass or the violation of other peopleâ€™s rights or property; (xiv) illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress), (xv) conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules, or (xvi) any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Organizer or Partner, in their sole discretion; (f) must not contain content which endorses or condones illegal drug use or alcohol abuse and narcotic addiction; alcohol abuse may only be depicted as self-destructive, anti-social behavior; (g) must not contain content that is explicit, graphic or depicts excessive sexual activity; (h) must not contain gratuitous violence; violence, if depicted, must be essential to the development of a theme, plot or concept of the Videos and violence may not be used to stimulate the audience or to invite imitation, nor may it be shown or offered as an acceptable solution to problem or conflict; and (i) must not contain any copyrighted works or any other information, content or materials that infringe the rights of any third party or violate any applicable laws or regulations. All elements used, incorporated into or otherwise appearing in a Video must be entirely original, created and performed by the Contest Entrant or be in the public domain. Use of any Elements or other materials that are not original or in the public domain may result in disqualification of the affected Video and the disqualification of the Contest Entrant from participation in the Contest.
5. ORGANIZER'S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: At any time during the Contest, the Organizer reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any Video for any reason including, without limitation, if the Organizer believe that such Video, or any component thereof, contains any inappropriate content, infringes the rights of any third party, violates any applicable laws or regulations, is harmful to any Organizerâ€™s business, goodwill or reputation, or otherwise does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. The decisions of the Organize on this and all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding.
6. CONDITIONS OF CONTEST ENTRY: (a) Each Contest Entrant retains ownership of any Video he/she enters in the Contest. As a condition of entry into the Contest, each Contest Entrant (or Contest Entrant's parent/legal guardian, if Contest Entrant is a minor in his/her state of legal residence):
(i) warrants and represents that the contest entrant owns all rights to the video he/she is submitting, including, without limitation, the elements, the video or digital recording itself, and the performance contained in each video (collectively, the â€œContest Entry Materialsâ€);
(ii) warrants and represents that his/her Contest Entry Materials (a) are original and have been legally obtained and created ; (b) do not contain any conduct or activity dangerous for his/her health or the health of other people and (c) do not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws, regulations or network standards;
(iii) grants to all end users of the Partner Site (A) the non-exclusive license to access the Contest Entry Materials through Partner Site; (B) the ability to rate, review, comment on and tag the Contest Entry Materials; (C) the ability to embed the Partnersâ€™ video player with the Contest Entry Materials on third parties websites;