Eurosonic Noorderslag is the key exchange and networking platform for European music, with a proven track record for helping new acts break into the international music scene. Selling out each year attracting 3,200+ delegates & 400 international festivals. Showcasing 300+ artists with a programme featuring 150 panels, keynote speakers, interviews, workshops, dinners, pitches, parties and meetings on the latest developments in the international music, media and interactive industry.
Responsible for kick-starting the careers of artists like Ásgeir, James Blake, Jake Bugg, Bastille, Ben L’Oncle Soul, Caro Emerald, Chvrches, C2C, De Staat, Ewert and the Two Dragons, James Vincent McMorrow, Kodaline, Lykke Li, Agnes Obel, Rudimental, Selah Sue, Triggerfinger and The XX.
Different national and international awards are presented aiming to emphasize the success within the industry.
* EBBA Awards: a European Commission and European Broadcasting Union (EBU) award for ten EU debut artists, who have been successful beyond national borders
* The Pop Award: prize for a major contribution to Dutch pop music in the past year
* European Festival Awards, presented by Yourope and Virtual Festivals Europe: a series of prizes for the best European festivals with the aim of promoting the great diversity of European festivals.
* Interactive Awards: for European artists & companies who have put themselves in the picture using the internet in an original way
* Iron Venue & Festival Animals were awarded for the first time in 2012. The VNPF has been presenting the Iron Venue & Festival Animals for Dutch festivals and venues in the categories of best CEO, best programmer, best stage and best festival yearly since 1997.
* Pop Media Award: The award is for the entire oeuvre of a pop music journalist in particular reference to their achievements this year
* The Feather: For a person within the Dutch music industry that has made an outstanding contribution for national music